Research and publications
Robin Teigland has published numerous articles in international books and academic journals, and she is an active international researcher.
Robin’s lecturing and research interests reside at the intersection of strategy, technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship and include the following:
• Digital innovation networks and the creation and diffusion of knowledge through internet-enabled communities and networks, e.g., open source software communities, digital entrepreneurial ecosystems
• Digitalization and the influence of the convergence of disruptive technologies, e.g., artificial intelligence, IoT, smart robots, blockchains, 3D printing, virtual reality, gene editing, on the future of the firm, labor and value creation in society
• Social impact through digitally-enabled circular economies, particularly in coastal areas
• The new industrial revolution and the future of the Swedish welfare state and the nation state.
Two current research projects related to digitalization and artificial intelligence (AI) are:
– 4boards.ai that investigates the influence of AI on corporate governance, financed by Vinnova and The Benefits
– Challenges of Internet-enabled Artificial Intelligence for Sweden’s Innovation Capability Today and in the Future, financed by Internet Stiftelsen.
Link to doctoral thesis “Knowledge Networking”
Link to Google scholar page
Her most recent books together with her coauthors are the following:
- Digital Transformation and Public Services: Societal Impacts in Sweden and Beyond (2019)
- The Digital Transformation of Labor: Automation, the Gig Economy and Welfare (2019)
- The Rise and Development of FinTech: Accounts of Disruption from Sweden and Beyond (2018) –
ranked as one of the best Fintech books on Amazon
All books are published by Routledge and are available for free download on Routledge’s homepage due to the purchase of the open access license.
Additionally, she and her coauthors have published the following books:
- Managing Digital Transformation. SSE: SIR’s Yearbook 2017.
- Strategi: arenan, affären, arbetssätten, ansvaret, avsikten, Stockholm: Liber, 2017.
- The Immersive Internet – Reflections on How the Entangling of the Virtual with the Physical May Impact Society, Politics, and the Economy. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
Her dissertation is also published online: